Rise of the Demigods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Percy Jackson and the Olympians RPG site! Feel free to join, RPG, and chat~

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Current Season
~ SUMMER ~
Latest topics
» shot in the dark
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 9:30 am by Andrew Night

» Long Island Sound
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 pm by Goose

» Mess Hall for Eating
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 pm by Sierra Kingsley

» The Lakeside
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 pm by Kora Craven

» Dike Cabin
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 am by Justin Henderson

» The Infirmary
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 8:25 pm by Kora Craven

» Hecate Cabin
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:52 pm by Kora Craven

» The Rock Climbing Wall
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 pm by Kora Craven

»  The Trees
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 pm by Kora Craven

Top posting users this month
No user
BIG REMINDER
CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 1:12 pm by feathertail
Just a quick reminder to all campers to reply to characters' bio forms when they are no longer in use as characters to let us know that fact so we can keep the collection up to date, and also to reply in the Faceclaim, Who's Who, and Cabin lists so that we can work as efficiently as possible!

Thank you,

The Admin Team

Comments: 2

CHB Character Tropes!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cordelia Lancaster
Admin
Cordelia Lancaster

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

CHB Character Tropes! Empty
PostSubject: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:49 pm

So, recently I got into doing TV Tropes (here) for my characters. And after doing a few I decided to finally do some for Lyssy--she's the only character I plan to actually do them for considering I've had lots of time with her on ROTD and out of ROTD.

Without further adieu here they are! Feel free to do some for your characters.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Alyssa Serrano on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:56 pm

That is a lot of detail. Wow. A round of applause for you.
Back to top Go down
Cordelia Lancaster
Admin
Cordelia Lancaster

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:02 pm

Thank you ^-^ I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Still don't get what you're does to do though...
Back to top Go down
Cordelia Lancaster
Admin
Cordelia Lancaster

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Wait what? xD
Back to top Go down
Wishie
Retired Staff
Wishie

Character sheet
Name: Chelle Optasia
Godly Parent: Melinoe
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Holy shizz that's a LOT of tropes
Back to top Go down
http://wishingwisteria.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:13 pm

Jayce Fulgora
Badass Bookworm: Surprisingly is a bookworm despite not looking like one and a Badass.
Bad Dreams: Comes with being a Demigod.
Book Smart: Graduated from high school.
Cannot Spit It Out: Shown to be unable to voice his feelings.
Disappeared Dad: Because his father, Zeus, was never around like all gods he never had a father.
Dumb Blondes: Inverted. May be a blonde, but he's smarter than you think.
Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Jayce's life wasn't full of tragedy like most other demigods', so he's actually more mentally put-together than most other demigods and is a great person due to his upbringing. He's also blonde.
Half-Human Hybrid: Demigod.
Heroic Bastard: Automatically one considering Zeus and his mortal mother never got married.
Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Mortal mother while his father is the Greek god, Zeus.
Kissing Cousins: With Alyssa. (though she's technically his niece in a sense...) However, since they're not from the same cabin their relationship is perfectly fine.
L is for Dyslexia: All half-bloods have this, including Jayce.
Momma's Boy: He's very close to his mortal mother.
Nice Guy: Good-hearted and kind.
No Social Skills: Socially awkward in most scenarios.  
Official Couple: With Alyssa Serrano.
Only Sane Man: Because he can see through mist, being a demigod, he's able to see the truth of what is really there.
Ship Tease: With Alyssa, until they actually became a thing.
Shock and Awe: Being the son of the god of the sky gives him lightning powers.
Weapon of Choice: A silver whip.

Xavier Del Mar
The Ace: Very good at what hedoes, even trained for 6 (almost 7) years.
Action Guy: Shown to jump into action many times.
Action Survivor: This is honestly the biggest reason he’s alive right now.
Allergic to Routine: Easily gets bored with the same thing.
Attention Deficit. . .Ooh Shiny!: Goes hand-in-hand with his ADHD. But yes, he does have a short attention span.
Animal Talk: Can talk to horses and other vaguely equine beasts and sea creatures, since his dad made them.
Badass: If he’s lived this long after fighting monsters for years and has years of experience, how does that not make hisone?
Battle Couple: He and Lilith become this after fighting the manticore together.
Blade on a Stick: He can actually summon his trident.
Book Dumb: Not much schooling.
Combo Platter Powers: Being the son of Poseidon, the sea god, Xavier has water-based powers as one might expect. What one doesn't expect is the extent and variety of these powers. He can control water, gains a Healing Factor and a power-boost when in contact with water (ocean water gives him the strongest effect), has Super Not-Drowning Skills plus complete immunity to the crushing water pressure on the ocean floor, is able to negate all fall damage if he falls into water that is deep enough, able to know exactly where he is when traveling on an ocean (down to the precise longitude and latitude), and is able to control whether or not he gets wet. Poseidon is also the god of earthquakes, a power which Xavier uses through his trident. And he can talk to horses.
Disappeared Dad: Because his father, Poseidon was never around like all gods he never had a father.
Heroic Bastard: Automatically one considering Poseidon and his mortal mother never got married.
Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Mortal mother while his father is the Greek god, Poseidon.
Kissing Cousins: With Lilith. However, since their not from the same cabin their relationship is perfectly fine..
L is for Dyslexia: All half-bloods have this, including Xavier.
Making a Splash: Being Poseidon's son gives him water-based powers.
Momma's Boy: He's very close to his mortal mother.
The Navigator: When he's on the ocean, at least. Since Poseidon is god of the sea, and patron of mariners, Xavier has perfect navigation abilities while at sea.
Supreme Social Skills: Extrovert extraordinaire.
Official Couple: With Lilith Mavrala.
Olympic Swimmer: Don't try to deny it.
Only Sane Man: Because he can see through mist, being a demigod, he's able to see the truth of what is really there.
Pride: Tends to show this at time, being the child of Poseidon it comes naturally here and there.
Soft Water/Super Not-Drowning Skills: Not only can Xavier always take a dive into water, from any height, to escape a bad situation (admit it, that's a handy thing to know), being submerged in water (more accurately, touching water in general, but it's strongest when he's submerged) heals and freshens him up, even to the point of detoxing any poison he's suffering from; he doesn't even get wet unless he wants to. He can even use a lighter underwater. Being the son of the sea god has its perks.
Underwater Kiss: In the Lake with Lilith.
Weapon of Choice: A Celestial bronze trident.

Judal
The Ace: Very good at what he does, trained his entire life.
Abusive Family: His "brother" killed his father and tried to turn him into a killing machine. Fun, right?
Badass Bookworm: Surprisingly is a bookworm despite not looking like one and a Badass.
Beneath The Mask: Underneath the facade, he’s actually pretty broken, insecure, and frightened, however he's made a wall to hide it all.  
Book Smart: Well read in a variety of magical books.
Break the Cutie: Lost his father and grew up without much of a moral compass.
Child Soldier: Learning to fight since he was born. If that doesn’t make him one I don’t know what will.
Covert Pervert: Heh. . .
Disappeared Dad: Inverted. Because his mother, Hecate, was never around like all gods he never had a father.
Don't You Dare Pity Me!
Friendless Background: Had no friends as a child.
Go Mad From Isolation: Being in isolation from the world really screwed him up mentally; he’s unsure how to act, an internal mess, and socially awkward to a point.
Heroic Bastard: Automatically one considering he's the son of Hecate.
Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Mortal father while mother is Greek goddess, Hecate.
I Just Want To Be Normal: Has this a lot, seeing as he’s a demigod and has to basically fight for his life. He wants to live a normal mortal life.
I Just Want To Have Friends: He wants to have the friends he never had as a child.
Kissing Cousins: With Chris. However, since their not from the same cabin their relationship is perfectly fine.
Official Couple: With Chris Dominick.
Parental Abandonment: Father died, his mother is never around to begin with.
Red Mage: Proficient in many types of magic, although his strongest suit is water and ice magic. (Technically, it'd be Blue Mage.)
The Runaway: Ran away from everything he knew after murdering everyone he'd met.
Training from Hell: His training before CHB is worse than he likes to speak of or remember.
Training the Gift of Magic: Reads a lot of books on magic spells and techniques.
Troubled, But Cute: Like the trope says, cute but troubled internally.
Weapon of Choice: A magic wand with a ruby-encrusted tip.

Diane Luna
The Ace: She's been training for longer than pretty much every demigod alive. Thanks, immortality.
Action Girl: Like most female demigods.
Action Survivor: May be a bit unfair since she's immortal, but she hasn't just got by on her good looks.
Archer Archetype: After she joins the Hunters of Artemis in book three, she grows into this while wielding a bow with arrows as her weapon, becoming calm, calculating, and a little distant.
Broken Bird: She seems to be getting better since her parent's death, although she now knows her mother is Selene.
Celibate Heroine: After she joins the Hunters, as they swear off men.
Hard Light: She can make constructs and manipulate moonlight.
Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: Inverted. Her dad was human but she now knows her mother is Selene.
Immortality Begins at Twenty: 18 in her case.
Older Than They Look: Immortality has its definite advantages.
Weapon of Choice: As opposed to the usual bow and arrow of Hunters, Diane favors her crescent blade.

Regina George
Berserk Button: Children of Aphrodite don't usually participate in capture the flag. But when it's against the Hunters... "I'll show them 'love is worthless'. I'll pulverize them!"
Hard Work Hardly Works: Inverted. She puts time and effort into working with Katropis, and it pays off.
Human Mom Non Human Dad: Inverted; her mother is a goddess while her father is a mortal.
Love Freak: Comes with being a daughter of the love goddess.
Neat Freak: The Aphrodite cabin is always spotless.
Nice Girl: Inverted. Class-A beyotch.  
Obfuscating Stupidity: It's hinted she's a lot smarter than she lets on.
Queen Bee: Or so she assumes.

Did one for every one of my characters (got a bit lazier at the last two xP)
Back to top Go down
Cordelia Lancaster
Admin
Cordelia Lancaster

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 pm

YAY ACE! I loved them c:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks! ^.^ Yours is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Wishie
Retired Staff
Wishie

Character sheet
Name: Chelle Optasia
Godly Parent: Melinoe
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Holy hell that's still a lot of tropes

I'm probably gonna end up doing Viridian but only Viridian because reasons
Back to top Go down
http://wishingwisteria.tumblr.com
Leroy Nezhno
Retired Staff
Leroy Nezhno

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 11:19 pm

I looooove TV tropes!  Such a great lens through which we can view culture and narrative.
I won't go into too much detail but one trope that I think definitely applies (applied?) to Leroy is "Beware of the nice ones." Leroy is through and through a compassionate, kind, gentle person - despite being a son of Ares. His warlike nature can be seen when he's pushed though, and it's a force to be reckoned with!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHB Character Tropes!   CHB Character Tropes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHB Character Tropes!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rise of the Demigods :: Outside of Camp :: Off Topic Section-
Jump to: